The Guild's Organizational Culture
View or download the complete PPG Press Kit
The PPG’s key business purpose is to initiate educational programs for pet care providers and the public coupled with an emphasis on building collaboration among force-free pet trainers and professional pet care providers. The Pet Professional Guild stands alone as the only single point of access to a variety of information and tools provided by pet care professionals that adhere to a strict code of conduct. The Pet Professional Guild affiliates & members offer a selection of force-free, learning-theory based dog training services and professional pet-sitting and dog-walking services.
To further enhance its ability to advance the cause of force free training and pet care The PPG is now actively transitioning to become a non-profit corporation to better serve its members and the public.
The first document we established before the Guild even became a reality was “The Organization’s Guiding Principles.” This was not a small endeavor and these guiding principles underwent many edits and reviews. When the wording was complete I asked myself the following questions about our principles:
1. Do they encourage collaboration and do they place a high priority on developing and maintaining professional and productive relationships?
2. Will they help us avoid organizational conflicts?
3. Do they encourage us to work towards perfection and are they relevant and necessary to our purpose?
4. Can we self-actualize and is it possible for us to operate at this level and in accordance with these principles?
5. Do they identify key standards of conduct for our membership and leaders?
6. Are they supportive of our pet’s welfare and well-being?
7. Will they have a cohesive effect on those that choose to join us?
8. Will they help engage, educate and unite pet professionals advocating for the use of humane and effective training and pet care procedures?
9. And last but not least, are they innovative and do they set performance standards for the membership unlike any other professional organization?