Compassionate Communication: Using empathy to connect with clients and other trainers with Angelica Steinker
Join us for this two part webinar on October 7th and October 14th at 1 PM EST. Don't worry if you cannot attend both sessions live. Simply register and we will forward you copies of the recording within 48 hours of the live event.
Join Angelica Steinker for this breakthrough presentation. Angelica is sharing the process of compassionate communication with industry professionals so they can choose to use it in their interactions with their peer group and their clients.
- Learn how to use the extremely powerful needs based process of Compassionate Communication to communicate more effectively with peers and clients.
- Understand how you can bring more patience and caring to interactions while you avoid professional burn out.
- Improve the clarity of your teaching and communications by understanding how to listen, how to identify needs, how to use empathetic guessing and ultimately how to create great connections between you and others.
- Learn how connections are an extremely powerful tool that comes from safe and open communications that functions to create reinforcement history. With the help of reinforcement history communications are enhanced and conflicts can be avoided or resolved.
- Learn that we can't change others but we can change how we communicate.
- Understand how Compassionate Communication has consistently demonstrated powerful results, now dog trainers and behavior consultants can consider adding this tool to their tool box.
- Learn how you can choose to make your conversations force free, be part of changing the face of the dog training culture by taking the first steps to learning Compassionate Communication!
About The Presenter
Angelica is a published author in the field of dog training and agility. Her books, Agility Success: Training and Competing with Your Dog in the Winning Zone and Click and Play Agility, address the handler of the agility team and the use of clicker training techniques in the sport respectively, and emphasize the importance of playing and bonding in order to train agility behaviors to the highest level. She is on the steering committee of the Pet Professionals Guild. Angelica is also the Director of Training for the national franchise The Dog Smith, America’s only Force Free Dog Training and Pet Care Franchise and the co-founder of DogNostics eLearning.
Angelica has also been published in the Journal of Applied Companion Animal Behavior and the Journal of Veterinary Behavior, both of which are peer-reviewed professional journals. She has been published in the APDT (Association of Pet Dog Trainers) Chronicle of the Dog Newsletter, Dog & Handler, Animal Trainer Magazine, Dog Sport Magazine, Dalmatian Quarterly, and Clean Run, the dog agility magazine.
She is certified by the International Institute of Applied Companion Animal Behavior, and is the co-founder of DogNostics Career College. Angelica is also certified as a Dog Behavior Consultant through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants.
Angelica is a sought-after public speaker who has presented at conferences across the country including the famous Camp Gone to the Dogs in Vermont, the Association of Pet Dog Trainers Annual Conference, BARK Agility Camp, and Karen Pryor's Clicker Expo.
Angelica has a Master's degree in Education, which has served as the foundation for her continued certifications in dog training and her extensive understanding of dog behavior and operant and classical conditioning, the science of how animals and people learn.
IAABC 2 CEUs
CPDT 2 CEUs
KPA 2 CEUs