The Pet Professional Guild Membership Process
The Pet Professional Guild is a member organization that advocates for force-free dog training and pet care professionals . We publicly state our Guiding Principles and hold strong to those principles to protect our association integrity.
The Pet Professional Guild Membership Program
The Pet Professional Guild membership brings a variety of benefits for the force-free dog training and pet care community and others interested in the behavior and care of pets. We are the Mercedes Benz of the Pet Industry. Our Professional Guild is not designed to attract the masses, we aim to attract the best. The only pet care providers and dog trainers that are listed on our pages abide by all our guiding principles and are proud members of the guild. Read about our membership benefits.
What Does Force-Free Mean?
All members concentrate on the physical, mental, environmental & emotional well being of each pet with the system as a whole determining how the individual parts behave and contribute to the pet’s well-being.
Pet Professional Guild Members Understand Force-Free to mean: No Shock, No Pain, No Choke, No Fear, No Physical Force, No physical Molding, No Compulsion Based Methods. As a proud member of The Pet Professional Guild you can comfortably refer pet owners to your Guild colleagues, knowing they follow our Guiding Principles!
Click here to complete the Pet Professional Guild application form. Join now and become a Guild Member, help us steer this organization so we can become a strong voice and an ambassador within the industry for force free dog training and pet care philosophies, methodologies and concepts.
The Membership Application Process
Membership is not automatic and we protect our Key Charter and Guiding Principles by reviewing each application to ensure it is in line with our organizations mission, vision and values.
1. Complete the membership application form and submit your non refundable application fee.
2. You will then receive an email confirming that your application is under review.
3. Once approved, you will receive a confirmation email from our website and you will be able to login to your account and build your member profile so clients can find you.
4. Enjoy the PPG Membership Benefits
Please note that membership is not automatic. Prior to your membership being approved we reserve the right to:
- Audit your website for dog training methods, pet care standards and business ethics
- In the absence of a member referral and/or a website with specific information you may be requested to complete a more detailed application form.
- If necessary conduct a short interview with you to determine your suitability for our Guild membership program, web site listing and client referral program.
- Cross reference your experience and credentials.
- If necessary request a current member to vouch for your training practices, methods and philosophies.