A Four Day, Force-Free Pet Care Certification Workshop
PPAB 12, IAABC, CCPDT
Presented by Niki Tudge, Angelica Steinker, Rebekah King & Melody Michael
Professional Pet Care requires knowledge, skills, individual competency and a high level of responsibility and this four day workshop has been designed to do just that.
“This Pet Care Technician Workshop far exceeded my highest expectations…organized to perfection and completely comprehensive. The DogNostics teaching faculty was comprised of extremely knowledgeable, experienced veterans with exceptional standards in their chosen fields of pet care. For me the hallmark of every presentation was the precision and clarity with which each topic was covered. The wealth of material to which you are exposed is not for the faint of heart…from canine communication to successful business protocols and dress etiquette; anatomy of a dog’s ear to luring technique; and the anal gland debate to just say “tug!” The DogNostics team is there for your learning and success. From the get-go you are in a supportive environment that utilizes the query system wherein attendees at all levels and the coaches engage openly to share ideas, explore options and realize possibilities for improving themselves. It is a stellar workshop that leaves you inspired and motivated to learn more. I would repeat my attendance if I lived closer.” Carol Brown.
This four day workshop covers all the necessary skills you will need to become a Certified Pet Care Technician (CPCT) and more …
- How pet’s Learn - This module provides students an overview of how pets live and learn and how this is important to you, the pet care provider. We cover key skills such as leash walking, crate training, safe handling skills, and how to maneuver pets without force or fear for examinations and during care services.
- Canine Behavior & Social Communication - Learn the language of dogs. Understand the canine social behavior and communication system. Recognize distance increasing and distance decreasing behaviors. Recognize stress signals and learn how to develop a communication system with your charges.
- Canine & Feline Anatomy and Physiology – Understand dog and cat anatomy and important components of their physiology including all their sensory abilities so you can better and more effectively offer professional care services to all breeds and ages.
- Canine & Feline Health and Handling - Learn about canine and feline common health issues, vaccination protocols and important daily and emergency handling skills. This module also covers the basics of bathing, grooming and caring for pets.
- Pet First Aid and Emergency Protocols. With this module you will get so much more than your normal Pet First Aid program. This is a very detailed workshop and covers in depth the many potential emergency situations you may, through first aid, need to manage prior to a pet in your care being attended to by a veterinarian.
- Pet Care Tools, Equipment, Toys & Supplies - A study of pet care tools, equipment, supplies and toys that are available in today’s marketplace. Learn how to identify appropriate equipment and how to use it safely. Understand how to practically use this equipment including desensitization protocols.
- Consent and Preference Testing. Anyone can talk to dogs, learn to read dog body language to effectively communicate with them. Using consent and preference testing you can create an effective nonverbal communication system which empowers dogs to say yes or no to simple questions. Using these methods you can positively engage with pets you are caring for in a fun and interactive manner.
- Pet Care Policies and Protocols – Learn about pet care service standards, operating protocols and procedures to support a high quality and ethical pet care business.
- Bonus Session. Bump Start Your Business – This module covers the key and critical skills you will need to bump start your growth. A fast overview of how to analyze your business's immediate needs to bump start your growth. Niki Tudge
The Certification Process
Working registrants can achieve the “Certified Pet Care Technician” designation by successfully completing all the hands-on components of the program over the four days culminating with a final open book multiple choice test on day four.
Auditors will be required to complete the hands-on components of the workshop and submit video evidence within 30 days of the workshop and successfully pass the open book online multiple choice test.
- The seminar price includes morning coffee, lunch and afternoon drinks.
- There will be an onsite Bonfire ‘Get Together’ on Saturday Evening. A small additional fee will be charged for snacks and refreshments if you choose to attend, ($20.00). Reservations can be made closer to the date.
- If you register for a working spot please only bring one dog with you
- All dogs attending must be dressed according to the PPG’s Guiding Principles. No shock, choke or prong collars.
- We recommend all the dogs be in comfortable harnesses for the seminar
- No human- or dog-reactive dogs please.
- No noisy dogs.
- At registration you will be asked to provide additional information regarding any dogs that you plan to attend with.
- Please see the PPG refund policy
- Please bring with you a mat for your dog to rest on, a Kong or other mentally stimulating toy and lots of small yummy treats.
“Whether you are a pet care professional or are simply passionate about your own furkids, this course enlightens the learner on every aspect of caring for, and raising, healthy, happy family pets.” Emily Conde
“PPG and DogNostics workshops are awesome. They are worth every penny. The presenters are amazing and extremely knowledgeable about their subjects. They make the learning fun and leave you wanting more. They have no problem answering any questions that you have even if it is not on the topic of the workshop as they want you to learn as much as you can in a fun environment and an easy fashion so you can use the techniques that work the best for both you and your pet. The classes are fun very informative and useful for anyone in the pet care industry as well as someone who has a pet. Their desire to teach everyone how to work with their animals in a force free and positive reinforcement way makes it easier on both the animal and the handler. Niki Tudge, Angelica, Rebekah and the rest of their staff and or presenters are amazing and I would highly recommend everyone take any and all workshops that are offered. You can definitely tell that PPG and DogNostics are there to make sure that you can learn the material and then utilize it in real life situations and that they really care how animals are treated and trained and want to make sure you're able to do so in a humane, easy and fun way for you and your pet.” Mollie Cutler