Helping Dogs Thrive: Tellington TTouch® and Other Life-Enhancing Techniques with Lori Stevens
A Two Day Seminar in Tampa, FL
February 28th & March 1st 2015
9am until 4 pm each day
Working & Auditor Spots Available
Registration opens April 22nd 2014
Your Invitation To Join Us
Join Lori Stevens, presented by The Pet Professional Guild (PPG) and sponsored by The DogSmith, for this fabulous two-day workshop in Tampa, Florida.
The event is being hosted by The DogSmith, home to PPG and DogNostics Career College. The training center is set on 23 acres of fully-fenced training areas against the backdrop of Kings Lake, a 500-acre inland water feature hosting some of Florida’s richest bird species, yet only minutes away from restaurants, malls and interstate facilities, the location is a paradise for both canines and humans. Learn more about the facility here
This workshop will introduce you to force-free, humane, and gentle techniques for improving the life of your dog. You will be introduced to TTouch® bodywork, movement, and leash-handling techniques. You will also learn how to recognize when your dog is stressed or fearful and what to do about it. And you'll learn about how your own body posture and movement patterns can affect your dog’s behavior.
TTouch is a method of working with animals that was developed by animal expert Linda Tellington-Jones as a result of her experience as a Feldenkrais practitioner. As an experienced horsewoman she realized that some of the Feldenkrais rehabilitation exercises linking body and mind that were used with people could be used to help animals as well. She found that an animal's posture influences its behavior and that physical, mental, and emotional balance are inextricably linked.
TTouch is a holistic approach, which includes the following:
- Bodywork which is gentle and non-invasive
- Equipment and techniques which bring awareness and changes to animals
- Movement or ground work which builds confidence and improves focus
- Philosophy which is one of respect for animals
The combination of TTouch movement exercises and bodywork improves concentration, coordination, behavior, and athletic ability in many animals. TTouch is used widely around the world by trainers, pet owners, and veterinarians.
Other topics in this workshop include: canine body language, observation skills, analyzing behavior, enrichment, fear and stress, and hind-end targeting. We will also discuss the importance of building a trusting relationship and what that involves.
This workshop will provide you tools and techniques to help with the following issues:
- Fear and stress
- Inability to focus
- Lack of confidence
- Over-activity (unable to easily be calm)
- Touch sensitivity
- Lack of body awareness, especially hind-end awareness
- Pulling on lead
- Behavior issues
You will learn how to do the following:
- Utilize TTouch bodywork
- Incorporate TTouch wrap
- Recognize signs of stress
- Build skills in a fearful dog
- Re-think your relationship and how to build on what you currently have
- Approach behavior challenges
- Hind-end targeting
- Apply movement exercises
- Walk in balance with your dog
- Assess harness fit
“Lori's workshop "Helping Dogs Thrive" is a wonderful and progressive melding of TTouch and force-free training. As the workshop ended I left feeling excited and inspired! I walked away with a variety of new tools and ideas that will assist me with continuing to build a stronger and deeper connection with my dogs. This workshop will make you want to go home and renew your working relationship with your dog!” --Julee A.
IAABC 16 CEUs
CCPDT 16 CEUs
KPA 16 CEUs
NADOI - certificate will be issued
Lori Stevens (CPDT-KA, SAMP) is a Senior Tellington TTouch® practitioner for dogs, cats, and other animals. Lori uses force-free and gentle methods to improve the health, behavior, and performance of animals. She is also a Certified Professional Dog Trainer - Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA); a certified Small Animal (dogs and cats) Massage Practitioner (SAMP) with a specialty in rehabilitation; and is certified in Canine Massage by the National Board of Certification for Animal Acupressure & Massage. You can learn more about Lori by clicking here
- The seminar price includes morning coffee, lunch and afternoon drinks.
- There will be an onsite Bonfire ‘Get Together’ on Saturday Evening. A small additional fee will be charged for snacks and refreshments if you choose to attend, ($20.00). Reservations can be made closer to the date.
- If you register for a working spot you may bring an additional dog and switch out the dog you are working with.
- PPG members can make two payments for the workshop over four months, but the full event must be paid for 60 days prior to February 2015. Please indicate this preference on your registration form.
- All dogs attending must be dressed according to the PPG’s Guiding Principles. No shock, choke or prong collars.
- Lori Stevens recommends all the dogs be in comfortable harnesses for the seminar
- No human- or dog-reactive dogs please.
- No noisy dogs.
- At registration there will be additional questions regarding any dogs that you plan to attend with.
- Working spots are $300.00
- Auditor spots are $180.00
- RVs are welcome for $20.00 per night. There is no power or water hook up.
- There will be no refunds given.
- Please bring with you a mat for your dog to rest on, a Kong or other mentally stimulating toy and lots of small yummy treats.
Sponsored & Hosted by The DogSmith.