Your Pet Care Certification Program
- June, 5, 6 & 7 2015
A 3 Day Workshop To Help You Professionalize Your Pet Care Service Offerings.
CPDT - 14.5 Trainers
CPDT - 14.5 Behavior Consultants
Three Days of Hands on Learning, Fun and Practical Applications For To Take Home & Implement
Topics ranging from Pet First Aid, Canine Communication and How Pets learn to Anatomy & Physiology, Health and Handling and Tools & Equipment.
This course is for you whether you are a pet dog owner or a pet professional.
If you are a Pet Care Provider, aspiring Pet Professional or Dog Behavior Consultant or Dog trainer then this program is very relevant to you. Rescue professionals, foster homes and trainees this course will give you all the skills you need to safely practice in the pet industry.
Join a selection of presenters on this wide array of topics from “How Pets Learn” To Canine & Feline Anatomy & Communication Systems.
Each day you will enjoy eight hours of classroom and LAB tuition and hands-on training in this beautiful and tranquil setting. The workshop is located at a training center on 12 acres of land located on "King Lake" in Tampa, FL.
- Working Spots Available 10. Cost per person $300.00 including refreshment and lunch served daily
- Auditor Spots Available 5. Cost per person $210.00 including refreshment and lunch served daily
Payment Terms Available
Working Spot- 4 payment of 75.00
Auditor – 4 payment of $57.50
This three day workshop covers all the necessary skills you will need to become a CPCT and more …
- How Pet’s Learn - This module studies an overview of how pets live and learn and how this is important to you the pet care provider. There is a detailed overview of Operant and Respondent conditioning with hands on examples and video analysis. We covers some key skills such as Leash Walking, Crate Training, Grooming and Safe maneuvers of pet onto beds or tables for examination and/or care procedures. Niki Tudge & Rebekah king
- Canine Behavior & Social Communication - Learn the language of dogs. Understand the canine social behavior and communication system. Recognize distance increasing and distance decreasing behaviors. Understand social communication to be a behavior. Learn about affiliate and agonistic communication and passive and active appeasement behaviors. Understand dog bite inhibition and bite thresholds. Angelica Steinker & Niki Tudge
- Canine & Feline Anatomy and Physiology - Study dog and cat anatomy and important components of their physiology including all their sensory abilities. Rebekah King
- Canine & Feline Health and handling -Learn about canine and feline common health issues, vaccination protocols and important daily and emergency handling skills. This module covers both theoretical and practical applications and is very relevant to your care provider responsibilities. -Rebekah King & Melody McMichael
- Pet First Aid and Emergency ProtocolsThis is so much more than your normal Pet First Aid program. This is a very detailed module and covers in depth the many potential emergency situations you may, through first aid, need to manage prior to a pet in your care being attended to by a veterinarian. Working Spots can test on site for their certification. Rebekah King
- Pet Care Tools, Equipment, Toys & Supplies - A study of the pet care tools, equipment, supplies and toys that are available in today’s marketplace. Learn how to identify appropriate equipment and how to use it safely. Understand how to practically use this equipment including desensitization protocols. Angelica Steinker
- Bonus Module, Bump Start Your Business – This module covers the key and critical skills you will need to bump start your growth. A fast overview of how to create your simple but effective marketing plan. Niki Tudge
- Working registrants to achieve your CPCT designation you will have the option to take a Certification Test online after the event
- Auditors will be required to complete the test and submit several videos to show competency in mechanical skills across several disciplines
Testing must be completed within 30 days
- The seminar price includes morning coffee, lunch and afternoon drinks.
- There will be an onsite Bonfire ‘Get Together’ on Saturday Evening. A small additional fee will be charged for snacks and refreshments if you choose to attend, ($20.00). Reservations can be made closer to the date.
- If you register for a working spot please only bring one dog
- All dogs attending must be dressed according to the PPG’s Guiding Principles. No shock, choke or prong collars.
- We recommend all the dogs be in comfortable harnesses for the seminar
- No human- or dog-reactive dogs please.
- No noisy dogs.
- At registration there will be additional questions regarding any dogs that you plan to attend with.
- There will be no refunds given.
- Please bring with you a mat for your dog to rest on, a Kong or other mentally stimulating toy and lots of small yummy treats.