with Bethany Jordan
PPG 3 CEUs, CCPDT 3 CEUs and IAABC - 3 CEUs
This is a 3 part recorded educational webinar that will teach you all the necessary skills you need to manage a pet emergency. 3 x 1 hour webinars. Developed and designed by medical professionals
When you register for this program you will receive;
Upon Completion you will receive;
- The links to all three recorded webinars.
- Links to the 10 supplemental skill videos
- Information about the on-line test and video certification program
- Your Pet First Aid Notebook
- A certificate of competency
Program ContentsThe Pet First Aid program covers topics from heat stroke to snake bites, CPR, wound management and how to safely transport a pet to the care of a veterinarian professional.
It should be remembered that first aid is literally that: aid or management that is rendered as soon as a problem is identified at the scene of an accident or injury, and as a bridge between those first to respond to a problem until the time when professional care is provided.
Many people confuse first aid with specific treatment for an illness or injury. This often results in proper care never being received or care being delayed to such an extent as to compound the problem.
The PPG Pet First Aid Certification
To receive your PPG Pet First Aid Certification you will have to complete and pass an open-book online certification test comprised of 50 questions.
You will also be required to provide four short 30 second videos to demonstrate hands on competency. Full details are explained in the presentation.
- Understand your role in pet first aid
- What first aid is and what it is not
- How to effectively and safety be a pet first aid responder.
- Learn how to manage the most common pet emergencies until the pet is transferred to a veterinarian.
The Certification Program Covers
Common Emergencies Covered
- First Aid Assessment & Management
- Animal Handling During an Emergency
- Initial Assessment Stages CPR & Bleeding
- Shock Management
- Heat Stroke
- Wound Care
- Hot Spots
- Broken Toenails
- Corneal Abrasions
- Prolapsed Eyes
- Insect Bites & Stings
- Vomiting & Diarrhea
- Feline Fatty Liver Disease
- Dog Breed Medication Sensitivity
- CPR & Triage
- The Pet First Aid Kit
This webinar is presented by Bethany Jordan . Bethany is a Certified Veterinarian Technician and a CPDT-KA.
Bethany has a BA Animal Sciences Degree from the University of Florida and has experience as a Surgery Technician with the Veterinary Heart Institute, a Senior Floor Technician responsible for teaching students pursuing Veterinary Medicine degrees at The University of Florida and as an Animal Clinic Head Technician. Bethany was also the Medical Director at Alaqua Animal Refuge in Freeport Florida, responsible for up to 250 animals.