Virtual Summit Recorded Webinar
(One of 25 webinars that were featured in PPG's August Virtual Pet Care Summit)
CEUs: PPAB 1, CCPDT 1
If the thought of marketing gives you the heebie-jeebies, if your marketing efforts have not yielded the results you were hoping for, or if you just do not know where to begin, this session with dog*tec business consultant Kimberly Burgan is just the ticket. Dedicated to the success of positive-based dog care businesses, dog*tec is widely known for making marketing accessible to the non-business minded. In this presentation Burgan will break down marketing basics and provide easy, even fun marketing project ideas to get your business moving. Leave old, tired marketing like business cards, brochures, and ads behind. Forget uncomfortable sales tactics like cold calls and visits to vets and pet stores. Kimberly will show you creative, alternative approaches to help you stand out in your community, build powerful referral relationships, and keep your phone ringing and your email inbox full.
- Understand the basic tenets of effective marketing, including what makes a powerful marketing message and how to avoid common marketing message mistakes, what makes for effective marketing projects, and what makes for effective marketing materials.
- Understand why traditional forms of marketing like advertisements, business cards, and brochures fail to create strong results in the dog care industry.
- Learn new, creative, alternative approaches to marketing your business that do not require a large marketing budget or pushy or talented salesmanship.
- Learn the basic tenets of and theory behind a community-based content approach to marketing and be exposed to multiple examples of successful community/ content marketing projects to choose from for your own business.
- Understand the importance of a professional approach to the creation of their marketing materials and branding, particularly for those whose goal is to make a full-time living as a dog care professional.
About the Presenter
dog*tec Dog Walking Academy (DWA) director and business consultant Kimberly Burgan has dedicated her career to the success of positive reinforcement-based dog care professionals. As DWA director Burgan oversees and supports a talented team of instructors worldwide who provide cutting-edge education and certification for professional dog walkers. She also teaches the DWA workshop in her hometown of Austin, Texas. Additionally, she provides support to dog walkers, pet sitters, and dog day care and boarding facility operators as a dog*tec business consultant, helping positive reinforcement dog lovers start, run, and grow their dream.