This webinar focuses on the broad topic of stress in a grooming salon. It defines what causes stress for the pets, how the stress appears and the steps that groomers/owners can take to either reduce or eliminate stress during the grooming process. This is a great webinar for dog trainers and groomers alike. Gain some insightful knowledge about how a force-free grooming salon can operate and be better able to help educate other pet care providers that you network with
This webinar also touches on recognizing and reducing stress in bathers and groomers, and why this is so important.
Webinar Learning Objectives
- Understand how stress affects the body.
- How to recognize stress in dogs.
- How the pets home life affects dogs during grooming.
- How pet dog training methods affect dogs during grooming.
- How to reduce stress in the salon and mobile grooming environments.
- Gain knowledge on how grooming salons can become force-free so you can better spread the word in your local pet community
About The Presenter
Michelle Martiya has been a professional dog groomer for over 20 years and has owned a small mobile grooming business in FL for 13 years. About 2 years ago she became a certified (positive reinforcement) dog trainer, and has since then moved on to working with other species as well, such as horses, cats, and birds.
Having been a professional groomer for so long Michelle has a great interest in bridging the gap between grooming and training, and a great interest in sharing her knowledge of canine behavior and behavior modification with other groomers.